The TBWG consists of representatives from each IeDEA region, as well as program staff from NIH, who will promote a scientific agenda related to the detection, assessment, understanding and prevention of HIV-related TB in adults and children. Tuberculosis project concepts may be led by anyone within the working group.
- To understand the epidemiology of HIV-related TB
- To identify the prevalence, incidence and risk factors for drug resistance TB
- To conduct analyses on the diagnosis, clinical presentation and outcomes of TB in HIV-infected persons
- To assess the impact of TB on the natural course of HIV/AIDS as well as the impact of HIV infection on the pathogenesis of TB
- To answer questions related to both antiretroviral and antimycobacterial treatment in HIV-infected persons with TB
- To conduct analyses to answer questions on TB at the local, regional or cross regional levels
- To share the knowledge which IeDEA is uniquely able to gather on TB in large populations who are HIV infected and/or exposed to ARVs.