PBS NewsHour published a great report about the ongoing work and legacy of CCASAnet and IeDEA collaborator Dr. Pape in Haiti. The full coverage and interview can be found here
The 3rd International Workshop on HIV & Adolescence will take place on October 2-4 in Nairobi, Kenya.
Researchers, healthcare professionals and programmers from all over the world are invited to submit their abstracts on the following topics:
- Intervention and Service Delivery approaches (from community to facility, across the entire HIV cascade)
- Scaling up interventions: improving the quality and sustainability of programs (including the use of programmatic data and implementation science)
- Youth leadership, engagement and advocacy (including youth-led and youth serving organizations and initiatives)
- Biomedical interventions and clinical management (across the entire HIV cascade including prevention strategies and treatment options)
- Communications and behavior change: interpersonal to mass media (including the role of Mhealth and new technologies)
- Mental health and psychosocial support (including understanding needs and interventions to support)
- Structural and systematic barriers (understanding the barriers and how to address them)
Abstract submission deadline is June 28 2019.
IWHOD 2019 was held in Athens from 28th – 30th March.
We thank our regional investigators for supporting a successful workshop and IeDEA pre-meetings:
A portrait article about Matthias Egger was published in the March issue of the journal «The Lancet. Infectious diseases.». In the same issue, the publication «Drug susceptibility testing and mortality in patients treated for tuberculosis in high-burden countries: a multicentre cohort study» was also published. Continue reading
This workshop has taken place in the Philadelphia Downtown Marriott, Philadelphia on 23rd March 2019. IeDEA-EA co-PI Constantin Yiannoutsos participated in the Panel Discussion.
The workshop brought together statisticians and HIV/AIDS topic matter experts and was organized as a pre-conference workshop, to occur in affiliation with Eastern North America Region (ENAR) 2019 for which it is anticipated that many statisticians working in HIV-AIDS would be attending in order to build interest and attendance in this workshop.
IeDEA-related speaker abstracts and biographies:
“Nonparametric and semiparametric inference for the cascade of HIV care under incomplete death ascertainment” by Giorgos Bakoyannis, Ph.D.
HIV Nursing 2019 will offer an opportunity for discussion, debate, and networking as nurses from around the world collectively work to improve the prevention, care, treatment, and support services delivered to people affected by HIV. Moreover, the conference will focus on the role of nurse clinical leadership in supporting global programmatic targets (90-90-90) and the Sustainable Development Goal of ending AIDS as a public health threat. Continue reading “Save the date: HIV Nursing 2019 will take place September 21-22, 2019, in Rome, Italy”
The 20th ICASA conference will take place in Kigali, Rwanda from December 2 – 7 2019.
Early registration is now open – for more details visit the ICASA 2019 website
The AORTIC International Conference on Cancer in Africa is a unique platform to learn and collaborate. The conference brings together multidisciplinary specialists from the global cancer community to reduce the impact of cancer in Africa.
Registration is now open, for more information and to register visit the AORTIC website.