The abstract submission for INTEREST 2020 is now open! INTEREST will be held in Windhoek, Namibia from May 5-8, 2020.
Abstract Submission Deadline: January 31, 2020
Abstracts accepted for oral or mini-oral presentation will be eligible for travel and accommodation support.
For more information visit Abstract Submission
Abstracts may be submitted in either English or French in one of the following topic areas:
- Antiretroviral treatment and HIV care
- Community/civil society engagement
- HIV co-infections, including hepatitis, tuberculosis, sexually transmitted infections, and (re)emerging pathogens
- HIV prevention including HIV vaccines and antibodies
- Information technology innovations for HIV (mHealth, electronic records, social media, etc.)
- Knowledge translation to policy and programming
- New PrEP technologies and PrEP rollout
- Regulatory, ethical, and research conduct issues
- Basic science and HIV cure
- Economics, innovative financing, development goals
- Health system strengthening
- HIV and co-morbidities
- Implementation science, cost-effectiveness, and modelling
- Key Populations: prevention and treatment challenges
- Laboratory monitoring/diagnostics
- Paediatrics and prevention of mother-to-child transmission (PMTCT)
- Socio-behavioural research
- Structural determinants and interventions
- Stigma and discrimination
- Women and HIV
The IeDEA global publication about stunting and growth velocity of adolescents with perinatally acquired HIV was featured in NAM’s aidsmap newsletter.
Read the NAM aidsmap newsletter article here
Read our latest Global Newsletter here
During ICASA, the Journal of the International AIDS Society (JIAS) is holding a scientific writing workshop: Publish or Perish: How to Write and Submit a Research Manuscript.
This interactive workshop aims to build skills in scientific writing and provides practical information to support new- and early-career HIV researchers, as well as more experienced researchers, in successfully submitting their manuscripts to peer-reviewed journals.
Date: Monday, 2 December 2019
Time: 08:30 – 12:30 (free lunch included)
Location: Lemigo Hotel, KG 624 St, Kigali, Rwanda
Attendance is free of charge but registration is required as space is limited.
Register here until November 22, 2019
The Abstract Mentor Programme (AMP) offers support to less experienced researchers and/or researchers from resource-limited settings, giving them a rare opportunity to improve their abstracts and increase the likelihood of their work being accepted for the 23rd International AIDS Conference (AIDS 2020) programme.
Deadline to submit your abstract is December 19, 2019. For more information, visit the AMP website or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dr Reshma Kassanjee, IeDEA-SA team member and researcher at the University of Cape Town (UCT) School of Public Health and Family Medicine will travel to Tokyo, Japan, during March 2020 to attend the 12th HOPE Meeting.
Abstract submission for IWHOD 2020 opens on November 1, 2019. The 24th International Workshop on HIV and Hepatitis Observational Databases will be held in Sitges, Spain from March 26-28, 2020.
- Abstract submission opens: Friday, November 1, 2019
- Abstract submission deadline: Monday, December 2, 2019 (18.00 GMT)
- Abstract selection and final programme by Scientific Committee: mid-January 2020
- Abstract status will be notified by late January February 2020
For more information visit the IWHOD webpage.
Kara Wools-Kaloustian, MD, MS, has been named co-director of research (North America) for the AMPATH partnership and director of research for the Indiana University Center for Global Health (IUCGH). Wools-Kaloustian was in the first IU School of Medicine residency class to complete rotations at Moi University and Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital in Kenya in 1991 and the first fellow to conduct research as part of the partnership in 1992.
The 23rd International AIDS Conference will take place in San Francisco and Oakland from July 6-10, 2020.
Early registration is now open. For more information visit AIDS2020.