The Cancer Working Group consists of representatives from each IeDEA region, as well as program staff from DAIDS and NCI. The working group will facilitate research in the IeDEA regions related to HIV/AIDS malignancies. Cancer related project concepts may be led by anyone within the working group.
- To identify and describe risk factors for HIV related cancers.
- To conduct high priority research in the epidemiology of cancer in the era of combination antiretroviral therapy.
- To focus on expansion of the IeDEA databases though the inclusion of cancer data.
- To conduct analyses required to answer questions related to local, regional or cross regional levels.
- To share the knowledge which IeDEA is uniquely able to gather on large populations who are HIV infected and/or exposed to ARVs.
Julia Bohlius, Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Jeff Martin, University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
To contact the Working Group – please use the form below